Every 14 seconds someone in the United States commits suicide, according to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP). This results in nearly 40,000 deaths a year in the United States due to suicide. This number is too high, and it’s up to you and I to change that.
Rowan recently received a grant from SAMHSA to start a large suicide prevention campaign. So, I think it’s time to talk about what we can do to help people suffering from suicide ideation, and here are some ways how:
- Get involved and become available. This shows support.
- Be willing to listen, and accept his or her feelings.
- Don’t judge him or her, and don’t debate with the person whether suicide is wrong.
- Don’t be sworn to keep this a secret. You need to seek support before it’s too late.
- Get help from a crisis counselor.
View original post 99 more words